
It's funny when other people around the neighborhood or school notice that Aislin has deviated from her typical limited wardrobe and comment about it. More than once I have gotten comments from other parents who have noticed when Aislin has worn something different. She seems to love the attention :)
The other milestone was Aislin riding with Bella's parents to her birthday party. Bella lives just down the street from us. Aislin was invited to her party, but it was during one of Blaine's baseball games. Her mother offered to pick up and drop off Aislin. I was so nervous. It was Aislin's first time riding somewhere with a friend. She has ridden with Tres and Tina many times and with other family members, but never with a friend. I was so nervous. I just knew something horrible would happen on the trip over, at the party, or on the way home. Bella's mom is really sweet and understood my anxiety. She promised to send me text messages during the party. All went well. Aislin had a great time, and I learned to let go just a little. Sometimes that is what it feels like as a parent. From the moment she left my body, I knew that life with her would be all about a balance between holding tight and letting go. I reminded myself that what I wanted for Aislin in life is to be independent and to eventually leave me, but how will she ever learn if I never let her? I'm sure this would seem overly dramatic to some parents but for me, this is how I felt. I'm sure next time will be easier. Here is a picture of my big girl waiting patiently in the driveway for Bella's parents to come and take her to the party:
No comments:
Post a Comment