After the music performance the kids went back to the classroom. Mrs. Wagner gave the sweetest speech and gave a special mention to each child about what she had learned from them. She just amazed me with her gratefulness. Instead of being bitter or complaining and asking why me, Mrs. Wagner radiates thankfulness. She thanked us as parents for sharing our children with her this year. She was such a role model for Aislin this year. There are so many life lessons I learned from watching Mrs. Wagner give the classroom her all, while at the same time facing the uncertainty of cancer and it's course in her life. I will forever have lessons about gratitude, diligence, thankfulness and hard work that I can share with Aislin as she growns. I did write all the things that I learned from Mrs. Wagner in a card so that she too would know how much we appreciated her.
When it came to Aislin, Mrs. Wagner stated that Aislin was a child who felt deeply and let her friends know how much she cared. That is so true about her. She does feel everything deeply and intensely, and most of the time that feels exhausting to me. I need to remember that it would be a strength too and make sure to channel that energy in a positive way. Her are a few pictures from the day:
Her "BFF" Ally-

Happy Birthday to Aislin song-
To finish off the day Aislin and I stopped at Menchies for some frozen yogurt. Blaine had baseball practice, thus no ice cream for him! Aislin was hungry for dinner before Blaine's practice ended. Since Brent had left early to be home that night, he picked up Blaine from practice and met us at Aislin's birthday choice restaurant- Chickfila. It was an improvement from last year (McDonalds)! It was a nice evening. There is still more celebrating on the way though...
No comments:
Post a Comment