Winter Break!!!
We needed this week off. I spent a lot of time getting the house back in order, cleaning out some junk, taking boxes to Good Will and some fun things too. This time around I did not plan out an agenda for each day of break like I usually do. Blaine and Ben had a total of 4 sleep overs before Ben left for Dothan. The kids and I met Jackie and her girls for lunch one day at a new pizza place, we went to the park one afternoon, we had Olivia over one day, and we had lunch and playtime here with Stephanie and Lily, and Amy, Heidi and Molly. While Stephanie and Amy were here they helped me plan out how to complete sewing a pillow case...and then I sewed a pillow case! It is just a bit misaligned. I don't know how people cut a straight line or sew a straight line. I think I need some more tools. Aislin was so excited about the pillow case, now she thinks I can sew anything and wants me to make her a skirt. I continued on with my sewing and made her a little bag/purse and a rice pillow which she carried around for 12 hours straight. Brent and I finished off the week by having a night out at the Melting Pot. Then Aislin and I finished the weekend by meeting Robyn and Reagan for lunch.
I am so thankful for having a career that allows me time off with the kids. We definitely have our ups and downs when its just the three of us for days on end, but I'm thankful I get to be with them, fights and all. I'm thankful for my community with lots of great friends that I can share life with. I'm thankful for women who can relate to me and validate my feelings when I'm stressed or frustrated. I'm thankful for Brent's career which allows him to feel productive and successful and allows me to enjoy my career. Now back to 5 more weeks of work before our next break!
No comments:
Post a Comment