A first happened this week- Blaine actually admitted to Aislin that he liked a girl from his class last year (Olivia H.). Last year she wrote his name on his work for him, because his handwriting is sloppy. They do not have the same class this year. Her best friend is in class with Blaine and in AIM with him, so now she writes his name on things for him. How do girls so young already know how to enable boys?
Blaine continues to amaze me with his stored facts. He is really enjoying Social Studies this year. He told me that someone in his class asked a question and he answered with some fact about FDR being married in 1905 in Warm Springs, GA and that he was born in 1882 and died in 1945 a few months before WWII ended. He said the kid in his class didn't believe him so they looked it up and he was correct. I haven't looked it up. He spouts off too many facts for me too look everything up.
A quote from Aislin this week while doing crafts, "I love, I mean literally love art. There's nothing I like better." This week both kids played their last basketball games. Sadly neither scored this season, but they both showed improvements. Aislin's team met for a party and gave out awards after the game. She got the award for "Best Attitude". Her coach remarked that she alway had a smile, was happy, and kept a great attitude win or lose. He said he'd happily coach her again. I joked that she was actually oblivious to who won or lost!
Brent's mom came to visit this weekend for the last games. We used it as an excuse to get out and have some adult time, which we DESPERATELY need more of. With Brent's hours, the lice, my back, we just need a break, badly. We went to a wine tasting at a friends house and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. One day maybe we will host one, there is still so much to learn. I love exploring new hobbies. My bucket list is a mile long. I should probably document my list soon. Maybe next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment