We had a busy father's day. We started the day, like every day since the arrival of Charlie and Lola, at 6:00 am! Brent and I enjoyed a quiet breakfast with coffee, eggs, and brownies and enjoyed each other's company for a few hours before Blaine and Aislin woke. After we were all up we got ready to attend an 11:00 service. After church we headed to a father's day brunch at the clubhouse. It was a buffet with prime rib, chicken marsala and breakfast foods with dessert. We had a nice lunch and Blaine used his best table manners. Aislin, well, she is still adjusting to no longer having a nap at school....
After lunch we went home to care for the puppies and let the kids rest for an hour. Then we headed out for our first family golf game. Since it was father's day we all graciously let Brent pick the activity for the day. Of course, he chose golf! I was concerned about how Aislin would do being so sleepy and with it being 90+ degrees outside! After a brief meltdown about applying sunscreen and putting her hair back we were on our way...
Blaine did awesome on the first hole! Here he is with his driver:
Look at that form! Great job keeping you head on the ball, Blaine!
And there the ball goes right down the middle of the fairway!
Aislin, overall was quite frustrated, as I predicted. She liked riding in the cart and eating vanilla wafers. She didn't have the patience to really hit with any irons so we pretty much just let her putt once we were all on the green.
Here are some of Brent. I love days like today, when nobody was on the course. So calm and picturesque.
Towards the end we were so hot, the kids were tired, and were spending most the time in the cart. We called it a day at 9 holes. I thought we did good to make it to 9 for our first family golf game :)
Aislin did end up being a pretty good partner though. She watched my ball for me each time, then would tell me, while pointing, "Follow my th-inger!" and I would follow in the direction of her finger to find my ball.
No comments:
Post a Comment