We have been quite busy the last few months. On July 10th we spent our first night in our new home! We have loved every minute of being in the new home. Brent has been busy with various projects (new windows, basement ceiling tiles, new knobs in kitchen, new door handles and hinges, new roof on the way) and I am sure the projects shall continue on. We are so happy and feel so fortunate to have been able to buy this home, knowing that this will (hopefully) be our final home. This to be the home we establish holiday memories in and celebrate life's milestones in. I even have special closets in the basement where I am able to save whatever baby items I wish to save so that one day my grandchildren can stay and play in my home with the same crib and toys my own babies had! (I know, I am thinking way ahead...). The location of this home is fabulous! Only a cart path separates us from the neighborhood family pool and playground, and 5th tee! Aislin has her cousin Olivia nearby to play with on a weekly (and sometimes nightly) basis. Blaine has become fast friends with our neighbor who is a year older than him. They play together for hours and are trying to talk me into a sleepover in the near future. Once again, we feel so fortunate to be able to be in our new home and look forward to many happy memories ahead. I am posting a few recent pictures of the house since we have had the new windows, trim repainted and the start of some landscaping work. Oh yeah, and during the week of moving (which we did by ourselves, except for the furniture) the kids did absolutely fabulous. They were such champs considering our first night in the home nobody went to bed until after 1 am!
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
New Home!
We have been quite busy the last few months. On July 10th we spent our first night in our new home! We have loved every minute of being in the new home. Brent has been busy with various projects (new windows, basement ceiling tiles, new knobs in kitchen, new door handles and hinges, new roof on the way) and I am sure the projects shall continue on. We are so happy and feel so fortunate to have been able to buy this home, knowing that this will (hopefully) be our final home. This to be the home we establish holiday memories in and celebrate life's milestones in. I even have special closets in the basement where I am able to save whatever baby items I wish to save so that one day my grandchildren can stay and play in my home with the same crib and toys my own babies had! (I know, I am thinking way ahead...). The location of this home is fabulous! Only a cart path separates us from the neighborhood family pool and playground, and 5th tee! Aislin has her cousin Olivia nearby to play with on a weekly (and sometimes nightly) basis. Blaine has become fast friends with our neighbor who is a year older than him. They play together for hours and are trying to talk me into a sleepover in the near future. Once again, we feel so fortunate to be able to be in our new home and look forward to many happy memories ahead. I am posting a few recent pictures of the house since we have had the new windows, trim repainted and the start of some landscaping work. Oh yeah, and during the week of moving (which we did by ourselves, except for the furniture) the kids did absolutely fabulous. They were such champs considering our first night in the home nobody went to bed until after 1 am!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment