Monday, June 1, 2009

Irresistible!

Saturday the kids and I decided to take our first trip to the neighborhood pool. Aislin did not need to be told twice to get ready. Before I even had a chance to start organizing stuff for the pool I saw Aislin come down stairs in a two piece tankini with a ruffle around the hips. She put on a fuchsia sun hat and sun glasses then stood over Blaine with her hands on her hips. She matter of factly questioned Blaine, "Do I look irresistible?" He just stared at her. Then I stared at her. Where does she come up with these things!? That little princess absolutely cracks me up!


Then Sunday morning she came running into our bedroom bright and early. "I'm going to Florida today she shouted!" I did not feel like moving. I wanted to get just a little bit more sleep. Blaine was on my left side and had taken over my pillow. Brent was on my right and was beginning to wake up. Aislin decided to climb in and just lay on top of me. Brent soon opted to get up and take a shower. Aislin and I lay sharing Brent's pillow and cuddled. I thought for a moment and then asked her, "Aislin do I look irresistible?" She scrunched up her little nose and asked "Do you think you look irresistible?" Knowing exactly how I look, and feel, first thing in the morning I stated"No." She looked at me very seriously, as if it were so sad that I even had to ask, and flatly stated, "The answer is no." Well, that's that. I guess she really does understand the meaning of "irresistible"!

No comments:

Post a Comment