Tonight as she and I were having our bedtime snacks she randomly started relaying a story from, what I assumed to be, a few weeks ago. She has two little admirers in her class. Her long time admirer is C.J., they have been buds all year. Recently added was a little boy named Riley. I didn't even know about Riley, who is adorable, just like C.J., until I met his mom at another child's birthday party. Apparently Riley is the youngest of four boys. His mother relayed to me that she overheard him telling his older brothers that Aislin was his girlfriend. I mentioned this to Aislin. At that point in time, Riley had not yet told Aislin that she was his girlfriend. Oh how I love preschool relationships!
Tonight, Aislin was telling me that she heard Riley telling Shane that she was his girlfriend. She stated, "Riley told Shane I was his girlfriend, and Shane just /insert laugh here/. Humpf. I don't think it is funny. Maybe I won't be his girlfriend after all." Whatever made her think of this just before bedtime, I don't know. But she said it all with such emphasis and certainty that it made me feel sorry for her real boyfriends, in the future. She is an all cards on the table, not holding back anything type personality. I love her to death, but am thankful, on nights like this that she fell asleep just a bit early!
Hmm...I think you should blog everyday, even if it is about Aislin. Her little stories are so fun to read about!!
ReplyDelete