Saturday, March 31, 2012

Week 13



This was another busy week. The weeks before breaks always seem to be packed full. This weekend Papa and Uncle Phillip came up for a quick visit. Unfortunately, Nana had to work. The track program was sponsoring a 5K to help raise some money for the program. Both Papa and Blaine participated. I had planned to sign Blaine up for the 1 mile fun run, but when we got there he decided to do the 5K. He did great! I had no idea if he could even finish, but he finished with pretty good time too. I'm still waiting for them to post the official times, but it seems like his time was somewhere under 40 minutes. There were three pretty good hills involved too. Papa finished 1st for his age division with good time as well, 20-something minutes, I can't remember that one either!


After the 5K I joked with Blaine about doing the 1 mile fun run. I thought he'd be pooped, but no, he ran that too. I remember the time for that one- 7 mins, 10 secs. I'm so happy he got out there to run. What great exercise! I hope he stays motivated. The temperatures are increasing, and I know that by May it will be super hot to run outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment