Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week 11

This week Brent flew to Dubia and then Hyderabad, India. With modern technology I was able to keep up with him through Facebook and texting. Talking was tricky, we determined that in order for us to easily convert the time I just subtracted 2 1/2 hours from my Eastern time and flipped am to pm, or vice versa and then I'd easily know what time it was for him.

Kids and I continued on with school, work and track practice. It was a short work/school week due to two furlough days. D came this week which was so nice. She made this awesome Chicken Chili in the crock-pot so I invited Jackie, Robyn and kids over for dinner on Wednesday night since we had Thurs/Fri off. We really enjoyed just hanging out and eating. All went well for the first few hours, but then as always seems to happen, Aislin became overwhelmed at some point. She just seems to have a hard time with groups. She can make it for about two hours.

She is just such an extrovert that she goes into absolute overtime trying to be in the mix of everything. She has a tendency to be loud and want to organize and control the situations. She has a brilliant little mind and usually has some good ideas, but her execution of the ideas (being loud and overpowering others) can definitely turn other kids off. I love her so much and hate seeing how she struggles in group situations. She also tends to misinterpret some social cues. She may think someone is making fun of her when they are just teasing or joking with her. I try my best to point things out to her and explain these social situations, but she gets frustrated with me. I'm sure it makes her feel like she is always doing something wrong, but I'm just not sure how else to help her. Blaine is so quick to pick up on the underlying social cues in situations, he is very perceptive. Maybe because the two of them are on opposite ends it makes Aislin's behavior seem more extreme.

Looking forward to Brent getting home so that we can celebrate Blaine's 9th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment