Saturday, March 24, 2012

Week 12




Happy 9th Birthday to Blaine!!!

I have a 9 year old! How in the world did that happen? I also tend to think I have the best 9 year old boy in the world. How did my chubby, bald baby, with big blue eyes (who was usually crying and wanting to be held) turn into this independent, tall boy with big blue eyes, who sets and wakes to his own alarm clock, studies for tests and loves all things fact related? I heard the statement once that "the days are long, but the years go fast". It must be true.

To celebrate we had Ben, Zack and John over to spend the night Saturday. It was low-key, but a bit loud. The kids had track in the morning and Ben and John had soccer games. Thus I knew that 4 out of 5 kids would be a little more calm. I think all kids should engage in 2 hours of physical activities prior to sleep overs. It works so much better that way! Aislin had a friend from track, Hannah, come over for dinner and party time, but not to stay the night. The kids played at the park and then we grilled out hotdogs and burgers. Then the boys watched a movie. The highlight of the party? The "Candy Bar". Blaine went shopping with me to pick out all kinds of junk food. This was truly the highlight of the night. I gave each child a little container and told them they could have as much junk as they could fit in the container. They went wild and seemed oblivious to the small size of the containers :)

It was a fairly easy night as far as parties go. Brent had just gotten back at 6 am from Dubia. He came home, woke us all up, and then headed to practice with us. I'm sure more things happened during the week, but as I'm catching up on my blog I simply can't remember at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment