Friday, July 9, 2010

Susie Homemaker

I have been talking about doing this project for 2 years. This summer I finally did it. Our breakfast table chairs looked absolutely horrible from the kids spilling food, wiping their hands on the cushions, eating while dirty, and so on. I just wasn't sure how to do it, even though my cousin Vicki had said it was easy. When my aunt was up for Olivia's birthday I invited myself to a fabric shop with her and bought some material. Then I got to work. It took me about an hour to do the first chair. By the time I got to the last two it was only taking about 20 minutes. I am quite proud of how they turned out :)

Before:

During, photography by Aislin, and yes I had to delete several inappropriate ones she took of my backside during the process:


After:

We have enjoyed the new look. The material feels really soft and I am so relieved not looking at the stains anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment