Some days Aislin wants to do nothing more than "work". Like this morning, for over an hour, she sat and copied the words from books onto blank paper.
This child is a worker. I have no doubt that with her confidence, innate ability, and work ethic she will be able to achieve whatever she sets her mind to in life!
Here she is at 3 years old working away:
Some days I feel guilty for not working with her more. But then again, I am already worried about how much they will be able to teach her in kindergarten. Reading papers and blogs and other parent commentaries on how they work with children similar to Aislin overwhelms me and makes me feel like I am not doing enough. She is a sponge, her ability to reason, solve problems remember facts and events is impressive, but overwhelming too. For the most part I try to follow her lead. When she wants to "work" I provide her with the materials. When she wants to read I read with her. I meant to continue learning French with her this summer, but didn't. I intended to do some 1st grade workbooks for math, and didn't. I meant to haver her learn even more sight words, but didn't. Instead we played, watched tv, and went to the pool. What's the point of getting her so far ahead of her peers? She already can be impatient with other children, at least that's the excuse I tell myself...
No comments:
Post a Comment