I thought I would try and document what a typical day for us this year is like. I say this year, because for the past 5 years every year has been different, and next year will be different too. This year I have an early start schedule. I typically arrive at work around 7:45 and leave around 3:45. I take Aislin on my way and Brent is in charge of Blaine.
Our mornings look like this:
6:00- I get up and get ready (although I sometimes snooze a couple times!)
6:30- I wake up Aislin and turn on a show for her while I head down stairs to eat breakfast and make my lunch
6:45- I come up stairs to brush my teeth
6:50-7:00- help assist Aislin in getting dressed and hope that the outfit combo is suitable
7:00-we come downstairs for Aislin's Allegra, grab her some breakfast and load up
7:30- I drop Aislin at her school
7:45- I arrive at work and make some more coffee while my computer boots up
**I consulted with Brent to find out his and Blaine's morning schedule**
7:10- Brent gets out of bed, wakes Blaine then hops in the shower
7:20-Brent tells Blaine to get ready while he gets ready
7:30-The guys head downstairs and eat breakfast and make Blaine's lunch
7:50-Blaine gets on the bus and Brent heads to work
*All this can change if Brent snoozes too long. In that case Brent drives Blaine to school, usually sitting in the carpool line for 20 minutes!
Our afternoons look like this:
3:45-4:15- I leave work and pick up Aislin
4:30- We pick up Blaine
4:30-4:45- We arrive home and unload bags and lunch boxes
4:45-5:45- snack, playtime, tv or computers for kids, while I begin dinner
6:00- dinner time
6:30- homework time/playtime/while I attempt to clean up dinner
7:00- bath for Aislin, then shower for Blaine
7:30- bedtime snacks, then brush teeth, Blaine watches a show or plays while I read to Aislin
7:45- Aislin's bedtime, we usually read 2 chapters from a chapter book
8:00-Blaine's bedtime. Hopefully Brent is home by now. If he is he reads to Blaine, if not I read with Blaine
8:30-9:00- Hopefully kids are asleep. Me time!
9:30-I take a shower and am in bed by 10:00!
Some pictures from a typical day, although Brent must have been leaving town that morning. He is usually not up and dressed when Aislin and I are up:
Our mornings look like this:
6:00- I get up and get ready (although I sometimes snooze a couple times!)
6:30- I wake up Aislin and turn on a show for her while I head down stairs to eat breakfast and make my lunch
6:45- I come up stairs to brush my teeth
6:50-7:00- help assist Aislin in getting dressed and hope that the outfit combo is suitable
7:00-we come downstairs for Aislin's Allegra, grab her some breakfast and load up
7:30- I drop Aislin at her school
7:45- I arrive at work and make some more coffee while my computer boots up
**I consulted with Brent to find out his and Blaine's morning schedule**
7:10- Brent gets out of bed, wakes Blaine then hops in the shower
7:20-Brent tells Blaine to get ready while he gets ready
7:30-The guys head downstairs and eat breakfast and make Blaine's lunch
7:50-Blaine gets on the bus and Brent heads to work
*All this can change if Brent snoozes too long. In that case Brent drives Blaine to school, usually sitting in the carpool line for 20 minutes!
Our afternoons look like this:
3:45-4:15- I leave work and pick up Aislin
4:30- We pick up Blaine
4:30-4:45- We arrive home and unload bags and lunch boxes
4:45-5:45- snack, playtime, tv or computers for kids, while I begin dinner
6:00- dinner time
6:30- homework time/playtime/while I attempt to clean up dinner
7:00- bath for Aislin, then shower for Blaine
7:30- bedtime snacks, then brush teeth, Blaine watches a show or plays while I read to Aislin
7:45- Aislin's bedtime, we usually read 2 chapters from a chapter book
8:00-Blaine's bedtime. Hopefully Brent is home by now. If he is he reads to Blaine, if not I read with Blaine
8:30-9:00- Hopefully kids are asleep. Me time!
9:30-I take a shower and am in bed by 10:00!
Some pictures from a typical day, although Brent must have been leaving town that morning. He is usually not up and dressed when Aislin and I are up:
No comments:
Post a Comment