Thursday, March 18, 2010

Blaine's turning 7!

Our little guys is turning 7 which means he is just as close to being a pre-teen as he is to having been a toddler! I asked him if he wanted a big party this year. Originally he said yes, thus my earlier attempts at making a lego cake. I had a whole party agenda planned. Then things got tricky. Blaine didn't want to invite everyone in the class, we started different house projects, busy season for Brent and so on. I asked Blaine if he would like a party at our house where everyone was invited, a party at a jump house, or birthday money and one friend over for a sleep over. Without hesitation he said he'd take the money and the sleep over. Wow, was that easy! So we baked cupcakes for his class the night before his birthday. Blaine decorated:


I woke Blaine up earlier to sing Happy Birthday to him and give him his card from us his birthday morning:


Then I took the cupcakes to his class and then checked Blaine our early. Brent met us at home where we loaded Blaine and his birthday money up and headed out to shop. Blaine's plans were to stop at Walmart, ToysRus, and Target to check out all the legos....We made it as far as one aisle in Walmart!

The part where you look closely at the back of the boxes is very important when you are 7 years old!

At last! A decision has been made!


From Walmart we headed out to pick up Aislin. I always let the kids pick what or where they want to eat on their birthdays. Blaine chose Stevie B's pizza. There were no pictures from dinner, but that is where we ate. I think he had a good day. Legos are the number one toy in Blaine's world right now so a night full of buildging Legos was great fun for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment