One of the fabulous perks of my job is all the breaks we get throughout the year- 6 weeks off during the school year and 6 in a row during the summer. This past week was our Winter Break. It is busy season for Brent so we all stayed in town. I am such a home-body that I was really looking forward to the week at home. Aislin's school was still in session, but Blaine and I had the week off, and for the most part so did Aislin. We let her miss almost the whole week. What did we do during the week? Well, I finally called a whole list of moms that I had been meaning to call all year to set up some play-dates. Our neighborhood is huge and several of the kids in Blaine's school live near us. In fact, one very sweet boy lives on our same street. So we had play-dates and park dates, then Blaine and I had our day together downtown. We had fun shaped pancakes every morning. We relaxed and enjoyed life. It was a nice week off. It makes my work weeks go by so quickly. It seems every time I turn around I am returning from a week off only to work like crazy and in no time am preparing for the next week off! Here are some pictures from our week:
Aislin and Eva at Chickfila for lunch after Jackie and I got together to watch Twilight at their house while the kids played:
No comments:
Post a Comment