Yesterday was the first Blaine and Mommy day we have had in about...well, since Aislin was born! We had planned this day a few weeks back, but I told Blaine that if he breathed a word of it to Aislin then she would want to come, and it would be rude to go without her. Blaine and Aislin cannot resist keeping any secretes from each other, but Blaine must have been highly motivated, because he didn't even hint to Aislin that we were going off for the day without her! While this week is Winter Break for Blaine and me, Aislin's private pre-k is still in session. She has been home with us for the most part, but Wednesdays are her ballet/tap/hip hop days so convincing her to go to school was not difficult. We successfully got the little one off to school and then Blaine and I headed downtown.
It is fairly easy to spend time with Blaine, unlike his 100% extroverted sister, Blaine is quiet and introverted like me. He of course will chit chat and socialize, but he in no way demands my attention the way his little sibling does. I realized after a few minutes into the drive that Blaine was content in the back seat playing his DS. I thought, wow, I can actually listen to some music or talk on the phone and he is not going to object to any of it. I immediately relaxed a little and turned on my ipod. He did make one comment on the way down, he wanted to be assured that I had our tickets. I told him that yes, I had ordered them online and printed out the receipt. My little man stuck in the body of an almost 7 year old! He then went back to the DS. We timed the trip just right. We had absolutely no traffic, found a parking place on the first level of the garage, walked right up to the ticket person at World of Coke and then headed immediately through security.
Once inside we took our time exploring the World of Coca-Cola. We watched a 4D movie which jerked us all around and flung water on us. By the end of the show Blaine was practically in my lap. We toured an exhibit with really old Coke memorabilia....
We sample Coke products from around the world. Blaine's favorite was a product from Japan, he said it tasted like gummy bears :)
And we got to walk through a production line set-up to see how Coke is made. Finally we left with our own keepsake Coke and a few purchased souvenirs. Next we headed across the lawn to the Georgia Aquarium.
The Aquarium is one of Blaine's favorite places. We are pretty sure he will be some sort of scientist when he grows up :) At home he loves to read about sharks and reptiles and will watch Plant Earth for hours on end. This was Blaine in the Ocean Voyager exhibit trying to identify various fish:
He is so funny, due to amount of reading he has already done on the topic he was able to tell me even more about the fish than what was posted around the Aquarium!
Blaine asked me if one day he could work at the Aquarium. I told him I certainly thought so! We had a great time. I thought it was so sweet the way he held my hand almost the entire day. My little man is growing up so fast! He was very tolerant of all my picture taking. We did make one more stop on our way out to purchase a hammer head cuddly for him and a whale shark cuddly for Aislin.
We made one last stop on our way home. I had a few errands to run at the mall. Blaine didn't think that part was so fun, but he did enjoy the chocolate ice cream cone, as did I :)
Once home, Blaine decided to extend his only-child for a day opportunity by playing a quick 9-holes with Brent. Brent had been in Greenville for the day and got home in just enough time to play a few holes. Blaine ended up being too worn out to really play but seemed to enjoy the time with Dad anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment