Saturday, January 28, 2012

Week 3

This week, sadly, unlike last week has NOT been uneventful. Tuesday afternoon I got a call from the school nurse telling me Aislin's head was itching. Little did I know a dirty little secret has been going around (and around) the school. Rhymes with "nice" although it's anything but.

NOT FUN! NOT FUN! NOT FUN!!!!!!!

Thus, week 3's post is coming late.

But before the attack of the bug a few funny things happened. I caught Aislin putting on make up as we were leaving to go eat dinner with some friends. I asked her what she was doing. She said putting on make up because, "I'm ready for college."
I said, "Oh yeah, so you know Calculus?" She replied, "Who's Calculus?" Then I said, "So you know Algebra?" She again, stated, "Who's Algebra?" I said, "Ha! You're not ready for college." She said, "Well, I 'm ready for high school." I said, "Fine, you know Physics?" She happily stated, "I know Physics! So I'm ready." :)

Another statement made this week when she and Blaine were in the midst of arguing, "Blaine is getting on my last nerve! And it's my permanent one!"

Blaine has had a good week. He's been reading about World War II and has asked me all kinds of questions that I can't answer, including, "Mom, define Soviet". He also told me that he was going to do an experiment to see if eating green vegetables made him stronger. He was going to measure the effectiveness by measuring how many "libs" he could do. I asked "libs?" He said, "Yeah, you know the green weights, they say libs?" Oh. That would be the abbreviation for pounds- "lbs".

Nana and Uncle Phillip also came to visit this weekend. Unfortunately it turned out to be a horrible weekend due to the "issue". However, Blaine played his best basketball game yet. He was right in there and so focused. He nearly made 3 different shots during the game. I was very proud :)

Brent continued on with work- working another 80 hour week. I don't know how he does it!

1 comment:

  1. We had a nice visit during this summer too. Almost anyone can visit us except them. Hope your back is doing better. Tell eveyone we said hello.

    ReplyDelete