I made one, okay two resolutions this year: 1. enter one blog entry a week, 2. Ensure kids have protein and vegetable more nights during the week than not. (Number 2 is not new, it is ongoing).
So my update for week 1:
School started back after our two weeks off. We had a great Christmas, although I do look forward to, hopefully, no longer having any back pain for next holiday season.
Brent began the new year with his new company. He is working like crazy to get some new processes in place. He took the kids to school by 7:30-7:45 every day this week. Then he went straight to work and did not leave any night this week before 9pm. It has brought back some PWC day memories.
Aislin started tumbling this week. Two of her BFFs also signed up for the same class. That child has so much energy that she needs nightly exercise to sleep.
Blaine has lately been obsessed with Pit Bull (singer). He wanted to do a project on him for AIM, but the teacher said the person had to be a famous American. Pit Bull is Cuban.
At one of my schools this week I had to sit through a meeting where a parent was concerned about her child's social skills, but during the meeting the parent told us all a story about beating her ex-husbands new wife with her shoe (in front of the kids) because the new wife instulted her by calling her a not so nice name. Yes, she stated the name out loud for all of us.
Kids got their reports cards- Blaine got all A's again. He has really taken ownership of his grades this year. He is completely responsible for doing his own homework and keeping up with deadlines. I only have to help him when he asks. Aislin is doing well too. They don't get letter grades until 3rd grade, but the assessments her teacher did indicated Aislin is doing 3rd grade work and above in reading and math. She loves school and writes in her journal or composes songs constantly.
Finally, I am continuing on with my physical therapy. I've been able to drop down to 2 appointments a week. I've been going for 8 weeks now and my core strength and stability is definitely improving. I didn't have to take any pain medication this week. I am hopeful that I will continue to progress back to normal within the next 8 weeks of therapy.
So far so good this first week in 2012 :)
No comments:
Post a Comment