Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's Party Time!

To kick off your birthday weekend I brought lunch and cupcakes to you at school. We made homemade cupcakes the night before and I packed them in a handy cupcake carrier. Due to my low back sprain I have had to learn to slow down and cannot carry a thing. I loaded up our lunches, my camera, purse and the cupcakes in a rolling cart. First bump in the parking lot and all the cupcakes spilled over. I stood there in the school parking lot trying to get each little cupcake into it's proper place. Finally, five minutes later and with sticky fingers I made it inot the school. Somehow between signing in and finding you in the lunch room the cupcakes jumped out of their places and had a party. This is how they looked as it was time to pass them out to your classmates:


I tell you, I think this is helping my case as Mother of the Year. Unique and yummy cupcakes? Why yes, I specialize in those! Being the easy going child you are you assured me that you didn't mind and thought that they'd still taste great. After lunch I went back to your classroom and helped stuff the Friday folders. I know you are a smart kid, but apparently so are many of your classmates. I made a mental note to start offering an allowance for perfect scores on all your weekly tests. (You are perfectly capable of this. In fact, that is why I sometimes let the homework slide. You are often working above grade level. But, apparently so are many of your peers. So from now on, we will work just a little harder.) After the folders we left early to go pick out the party goods for your guests. You had fun helping me get all the cups prepared and picked out your own Gator-themed cake.

This year you decided to have an actual birthday party with friends. We decided on the date, venue and time....The guest list? You had SO many friends you wanted to invite. We decided on a Laser Tag party. The limit on kids was 15 and that included you and your sister. We worked on narrowing down the guest list. In the end we invited 17 kids. I knew with it being soccer and baseball season several kids most likely wouldn't be able to make it...However, every one responded as requested, with only one child saying he couldn't make it. Needless to say, everyone had a wild and crazy time! I offered to carpool some of the kids that live very nearby. Mimi and Pop were in town so I felt like we had plenty of extra hands. Hopefully their heads have recovered by now from all the noise. Like I said, there was a definite "It's party time!" attitude in the air.


All in all I think everyone had a great night. Aislin tried her best to keep up. The boys were split into Red and Blue teams for the battle. Aislin was on the Red team. She tried so hard to keep up. Your friends were so sweet to her, especially Zack. (He's the one that came for a sleep over last year on your birthday.) In the end, Aislin took off the heavy vest and quit the game early. She dejectedly stated, "I'm just going to make my team lose anyway." It was very true, but hearing her admit to it was just pitiful.

We all enjoyed the Gator cake and orange and blue decorations. You got some great gifts and even completed the thank you cards in a timely manner. At the end of the night you told me, "Mom, this is the best party ever." I'm so glad you thought so!



No comments:

Post a Comment