Favorite Color: Green
Favorite Foods: Mini-wheats, Poptarts, Steak, Talapia, Salmon
Height/Weight: 52 inches, 60 pounds
Current Activities: Golf, Basketball, Baseball
You are growing so fast! You are nearly finished with 2nd grade and completely ready for the often-talked-about 3rd grade. This has been a busy year for you. We have pushed you a bit to get started with sports. Last year, while you had many, many friends to play with on the weekends, we often found that the kids you hang out with were all busy with sports. You are not naturally drawn to sports. You are a thinker and a creator, so I took it upon myself to help get you eased into becoming more active.

This fall I signed you up for both golf lessons and basketball class during ASP. You seemed to enjoy both activities and can now drive the golf ball almost as far as your mother! After the basketball class ended we signed you up for the local basketball league. You had a great time playing basketball and we all truly enjoyed watching the games. You learned a lot this season. Your coach, our very own State Senator, named you the Most Improved Player of the season. A comment your coaches often make is that you are very coachable. You listen to instruction well and try hard. One of your coaches even told me that he would take a dozen of you any day!
I was hesitant to sign you up for baseball, but with this season being the last for coach-pitch ball it felt like it would be now or never. Kids in the South start playing ball early. Many kids are out on the fields a couple times a week practicing and playing organized ball at 4 years. Last year some of the boys in your 1st grade class were already playing travel ball. We signed you up and have poured some money and time into trying to get you caught up. Somehow you got placed on the one team that appears to be the best. These boys can really play ball. It's a little tough because it makes it that much more apparent that this is your first time ever attempting to hit, catch or throw a ball. I am really proud of the way you are sticking with it. Only time will tell if this is the sport you stick with or not. This season is going to be a tough one, but I've tried to tell you several times that this will be the toughest. After all that you learn this season you will just get better and better.
As far as friends go, you are still quite popular. Every weekend you are with a friend. It is not uncommon for kids to start calling first thing in the morning for you. There have been several times I've had to gently tell friends that you are already off with another child. We have been so fortunate to have some really great kids (and parents) in our neighborhood. It is so nice being able to let you go off and hang out with these kids.

You are still pretty tolerant of your little sister. I know it can be difficult dealing with a younger sibling, but you do a great job. Aislin still adores you and is so thrilled when you show interest in playing with her. Although your sister is boy crazy, and your teacher tells me that she has heard talk of girlfriends and boyfriends in your class, you maintain your status a single bachelor :) Which is just fine with me. There will be plenty of time for girls later, your sister keeps us busy enough in that department.

I am so proud that you are my son. I never knew when I became your mother how much I would love each stage of having you. When you were a baby I thought my life had reached such a high that I might never experience that same feeling again. But over and over I am overwhelmed with a gratefulness that you are my child. I love being your mother and I love you! I thank God for allowing me to have you. Of all the little boys in the world I am so happy that you are mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment