Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Flu Vaccines and Friends

To vaccinate or not to vaccinate, that is always a question. Year before last we did (flu vaccine that is). Last year we did not. This year has been a rough one at our house for illnesses. Blaine alone has had 3 consecutive strep infections on top of cold viruses. Brent and I have also had strep and sinus infections. I decided to do the FluMist this year for the kids and I. The issue was waiting for a chunk of time when no one was sick or had a fever. Today was the day! We all received our Flu Mist and then headed to Kroger to grab some bread to go with lunch and a donut for each child :)

We were home for about an hour before my friend Jackie and her two girls and my friend Robyn came over with her son. (It was nap time for the littlest one so she left her with the baby sitter). We had a very nice lunch and the kids were able to burn off some energy with each other. I can't believe Christmas is almost here! This year because Brent is no longer with the firm we had no holiday functions to attend. The elementary school where I work did have a party at a nearby clubhouse, but being as I didn't know that many people yet I didn't attend.

Jackie and Robyn:

The kids, I couldn't get a great picture. Jackie's girls always look like models for Gymboree. That is all they wear, completely coordinated and matching outfits from Gymboree:


Here is Reece playing basketball. Since I have know Robyn, before Reece turned 3, he has been an athlete:
I thought I should at least host one thing during the holiday, thus the impromptu lunch. It was a nice chance to hang out and get caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment