Sunday, December 12, 2010

Breakfast with Santa

This year we were able to participate in Breakfast with Santa at the clubhouse. I had looked forward to the this all fall. The kids were so excited to be going to see Santa. So excited in fact that Aislin did not object to wearing a Christmas dress! For whatever reason, these smocked dresses do not seem to bother her. They both got dressed as requested and grabbed their letters for Santa. This Santa did not disappoint. We had explained to the kids about helper Santa's, but the kids were pretty convinced that this was the real Santa. Our timing was perfect. The kids didn't have to wait in line and they were able to take as long was they wanted with Santa. Naturally, Aislin went first.




I am so thankful that with Blaine's age he can be pretty patient when needed. Aislin talked and talked with Santa. While she was talking away, Blaine leaned over to tell me that he was not going to sit in Santa's lap. I told him that was fine, he could stand. But once his turn came I guess he just got caught up in the moment!

After talking with Santa we went to serve ourselves from the buffet. I could tell Aislin was agitated. Finally she explained to me that when I said "lunch with Santa" she thought that meant Santa would be eating lunch with us. She did not like that this was not the case. All throughout our lunch she made reasons as to why she needed to get up and see Santa or check on him to see if he needed anything.

It was a very nice lunch, made perfect by falling snow flurries, children in Christmas clothes, and a sweet Santa willing to listen to all their requests and smile for as many photos as I wanted!

No comments:

Post a Comment