Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fall Break September 2010

This year for Fall Break I wanted to stay put. Brent had just started with his company so he was not going anywhere. I had scheduled Charlie's neutering for that week and Brent had scheduled painters to come and finally paint the majority of the main floor. I gave the kids the option of staying with me and doing things here or heading to Florida. Without hesitation they chose Florida. They are quite lucky to have all the grandparents so close to each other. Their week consisted of beach time, pool time, park time and lots of attention from the grandparents. At the end of the week Nana and Papa drove them to meet us at the halfway mark.



It was actually good that they were gone for the week. Poor Charlie, his surgery was not fun. He had a negative reaction to the anesthesia and we ended up back at the vets office. He was also very clingy. One day I spent half the day just sitting on the couch with him and Lola. I think with the kids around he would have tried to play instead of rest, which he needed the rest. The cone had to stay on for 2 weeks! And for 2 weeks we had to take him up and down stairs and keep him from running. Let's just say that I am not looking forward to Lola's surgery in the Spring.

I was very happy to see my kids again. I think it is wonderful that they are learning how to be away from me now. One day they will go to college and move off, maybe even to another country. Who knows. I am glad that at a early age they are learning to be independent from me, but I am always happy to have them back home with me :)


As you can see, Aislin was completely exhausted by the time we drove home. She just couldn't stay awake and her little head couldn't stay upright. Blaine just thought this was absolutely hilarious! He laughed and laughed the whole way home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment