Monday, October 26, 2009

National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day 10/15

Today we met up with my cousins Tres and Tina and their daughter Olivia to release balloons in remembrance of my cousin, Kimberly (also Tres' sister) who lost her baby, Hudson, this past January. I can't imagine what it would be like to have such anticipation of a healthy baby, to have a healthy baby throughout the pregnancy and then one day be told that their was no heartbeat...

Blaine and Aislin also released two balloons for their cousin Coen. I thought this was a good opportunity to tell them about their cousins who are in heaven. They let the balloons go and watched them float up into the sky. I told them they would float to heaven to their cousins. I felt sad that this would be one of the few acts my children would ever do for their cousins. I wished so badly that the balloons were to be taken to their birthday parties instead. Coen would have started kindergarten this year. On the first day of school I saw all the little kindergartners lined up with their backpacks on and thought of Coen. I so badly wished he were there starting school. There are times I think of him and miss him, especially when I see my two children. It is hard not to picture what Coen would have been like with his little sister Mya. I know he would have adored her, just as Blaine and Aislin adore her.




No comments:

Post a Comment