Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pumpkin Patch 2010

About 15 minutes away is a farm that the kids and I have been going to since Aislin was an infant and Blaine was 2 years old. We typically go twice a year, once in the fall for hayrides, apple cider and finding pumpkins, and once in the summer for picking blue berries. Last year we were so busy that we put the pumpkin patch off until the last weekend, and then that weekend it was too rainy to go. We decided to go ahead early this year.





I thought ever so briefly about trying to coordinate outfits for the kids before going, then thought, no the point was to go and have fun, not to take pictures. Thus the kids just wore their everyday clothes.


We all had fun though. They rode some poor horses confined in a pin, found lots of little pumpkins, found one big pumpkin for carving, Aislin had her face painted, and Blaine got some of his favorite apple cider. I'm guessing the day will come when they no longer want to go to the pumpkin patch with us, but for the next few years I plan to enjoy the tradition of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment