Well, it came and went. The first day of school. It was fairly uneventful which is exactly as I had hoped. The kids woke up excited and in great moods. We packed lunches and book bags and headed to the bus stop. Aislin had just a moments hesitation when getting on. After the bus driver introduced herself to Aislin and after I made Blaine come back, get his sister, and sit with her on the bus, all was fine.
Brent and I drove to the school in hopes of catching them coming off the bus. We didn't make it in time. Blaine was already in his class looking at the pet turtle with some other boys. He casually waved hi to us, but didn't really come over to acknowledge us. Probably not the cool thing to do in 2nd grade...
When we looked in on Aislin she was seated on the classroom rug looking at a book. Her teacher saw us in the hallway and came out to talk to us. She said Aislin did great coming in the room. She immediately hung up her bag, found a book, and then sat on the floor to read. We didn't go in or let her see us, just in case.
Like I said, pretty uneventful! I think Brent was more sad than I after dropping them off, but I'm sure he perked up once on the golf course!
Here the kids are after we picked them up from school:
So sweet! And, no, I did not pose them :)
No comments:
Post a Comment