Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Every year we head down to Panama City for Thanksgiving. Since the year Brent and I were married we have rotated Thanksgiving every three years between my parents, his dad and step-mother, and his mother. This was our year to do it with Brent's mother's side. We had a nice dinner and had a good time catching up with his cousins. Time seems to fly. There was a time when Caitie, pictured below, was the only grandchild/great-grandchild in the family. When Brent and I were at UF her parents trusted us enough to actually leave her with us while they went to eat at the Melting Pot. I still remember that night- I knew nothing of babies! But we kept her alive for those few hours :) Now Caitie is an almost-middle-schooler who spent the afternoon working on her back handspring. Aislin loves being around Caitie. Blaine has very few boy cousins, so he was on his own again this trip.

As every trip to Florida had to end, so did this one. This picture is pitiful. This is how Aislin looks every time she has to leave Nana. It is just sad. I had to take a picture, just because it is so classic Aislin. She lives life to the fullest and feels everything so deeply. It broke her heart to leave. She doesn't understand why we can't just live there!


No comments:

Post a Comment